- Login to cPanel.
- Locate and click on the "Hotlink Protection" icon within the "Security" category.
- To enable/disable Hotlink protection, click on the "Enable" or "Disable" button.
- Under the "URLs to allow access" heading, enter the name of your domain and any subdomains that will require access to server resources (images, etc).
- Under the next heading, enter the extensions of files you want to block direct access to. Many common file types will be listed by default.
- Choose whether or not to allow direct access to the file (The file can be access directly from the browser, just not from another web page.)
- You can enter a "Redirect" URL for requests that attempt to access a hotlink protected resource. This page may be a "Hotlinking is not allowed" page.
- Click the "Submit" button to save your settings.
- 79 Users Found This Useful
What is hotlink protection?
Hotlink protection is disabling external use of your resources. For instance, if your website has...
How do I block an IP address from accessing my site?
If you wish to ban a user from accessing your website in any way, the best way to do this is to...
How do I password protect a directory?
Login to cPanel. Locate and click on the "Password Protect Directories" icon under the...